152 Notre-Dame EastDescription
La Sauvegarde Building, built in 1913, was renovated in 1998 by Gestion Georges Coulombe, which set up new modern office space. The marble staircase as well as the original vaulting and majestic lobby entrance were preserved. On the façade of the building, the huge cast iron ornamental doors, which have been fully restored, show the rich architectural treatment from that time. The classic design of the building provides it with a refinement that is still evident after almost 100 years of existence
- Secure access 24/7
- Daily upkeep
The building was built by the first French-Canadian insurance company.
Alterations and renovationsBuilding’s exterior restored in 2006 and elevators replaced in 2000.
Adresse : 152 Rue Notre-Dame E
Montréal, QC H2Y
Autre(s) façade(s) : Saint-Vincent (ouest)
Vocation : Commercial
Année de construction : 1913
Architecte(s) : John Smith Archibald et Charles Jewett Saxe.
Étages : 10
Superficie par étage : 3 930 pieds²
Superficie totale : 40 608 pieds²
Géré par : Gestion Georges Coulombe
Année(s) de renovations: 1998
Propriétaire original : La Sauvegarde.
Nom historique : Édifice La Sauvegarde