The main mansion was built in 1908 by Douglas McGibbons, a wealthy Montreal businessman who wanted to settle in the region to treat his tuberculosis. A secondary mansion was built in 1918 to accommodate its employees. Following the death of McGibbons, the Oblate brothers bought the manor to accommodate their patients. They added a four-storey section to the main mansion in 1945. The site, which has been abandoned for ten years, will be bought in 2015 for Georges Coulombe and Guylaine Brault, who will complete an ambitious hotel project. The enhancement of the heritage of this exceptional place is at the center of the project.